Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Growing Pains

I'm having a hard time uploading pics right now, so a few entries that I had started (which were dependent in the accompanying photos) will have to wait until I can get the kinks worked out. If only I could find a reliable computer guy...

Anyway, not too much going on around here these days except for Emilie's teething. She is normally such a happy and contented little girl, but if she's teething, WATCH OUT! She hasn't been sleeping as well, or eating well, or nursing well, and it's been going on a few days now. I don't know if it's the tooth that has broken through the surface already or if it's the neighbor wanting to join the party, but either way, I just hope that she can find some relief already.

Seeing what an incredibly short temper she has these days at the very hint of things not going her way makes me wonder what things are going to be like as she gets older. Is she going to be a spoiled Prima Dona demanding everything to be just so, or will she eventually learn to just roll with the punches? Because right now, you just don't cross her. If she somehow manages to get a hold of a cell phone or remote control? Don't even think of reclaiming it. If her rubber ducky dares to swim away from her in the bath tub? It might as well get on the next flight to Alaska. And if you have the audacity to wipe her nose? Well, let's just say, it's not pretty. Or quiet. And yes, the ensuing crying only causes more snot which just compounds the situation exponentially.

The sooner my little girl is feeling better, the sooner we'll all be feeling better. I just she will allow me a little more sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry, that sounds tough. It's cute that she gets upset if the rubber duck floats away from her though!

David and Taryn said...

Poor little thing. Teething is the WORST! Spencer has been chewing on his hands since Christmas waiting for his I teeth to pop through and has been really cranky the last few days. Hope she feels better soon.

Ioana said...

I hope she feels better soon! Teething is definitely tough on both the kiddos and the parents.