Last Saturday, I got a Isaac's clothes in the washing machine and noticed that after a few minutes into the wash cycle, it just stopped. I had my trusty handyman (Jarom) take a look at it and he saw that the fuse had blown. He did some preliminary research online and saw that when that happens, it usually means the motor has died. So we were looking at a few hundred dollars to replace that. So I called my dear sister because I knew that she had a washing machine they were getting rid of that was exactly like mine only a year or two newer, and as luck would have it, she hadn't gotten rid of it yet. So we loaded it up in the van and brought it home.
With some help, Jarom got Michele's washer upstairs, plugged it in, then watched in horror as my laundry room was showered. I guess the washing machine was left outside on a porch and the hoses froze, so the main valve cracked and that piece alone would be quite expensive to fix.
So now we were stuck with two broken washing machines. And if you know anything about Jarom, this was a personal challenge to his very manhood.
His first stop was Radio Shack where he got a replacement fuse for our machine. He swapped that out (and was so excited to use his soldering iron), but as soon as he started the washer, the fuse blew again, so the motor was officially dead. Then he cannibalized Michele's washer and took the motor and control board out and put it in our machine. Bingo! It worked! We juggled the two washing machines around again, up and down all those stairs, and in the end, we have a working washing machine again!
I think we're just under the Sugden curse for washing machines because both my older brothers had to replace their washing machines in the last couple months. I'm just glad that Jarom was able to get things working, at least for now, so that we don't have to purchase a new machine right away.
Jarom, I love you.
4 comments:
That's my boy! Just like his Dad! Isn't it great to have a husband that can do things like that? I'm so proud!!!
Wow! That's quite an experience! Good job, Jarom!
Oh wow, thats great he was able to fix it!
Wow - that is impressive! I am glad it all worked out :)
Post a Comment