Monday, March 22, 2010

Luck of the Irish

Last week was a very lucky one for me! On Wednesday, I got a call from Elite Stoneworks saying that I won their prize from the home show for free granite counter tops! Now I just need to decide which stone to chose. Here are the 3 choices available, what do you think?

Granite Baltic BrownGranite Golden GarnetGranite Uba Tuba
Tuesday was also a pretty special day, I got my lifetime membership from Weight Watchers! I lost a total of 38.2 lbs and now am on the quest to maintain the healthy lifestyle that I've been working so hard on for the last few months.

So with all the commotion and craziness that is everywhere, it's great to have some pretty awesome things happen to me - a girl who hardly ever wins anything!

8 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

Wow, you are lucky! I like the first one, but I guess it depends on which matches your kitchen.

Cindi said...

It is so GREAT that you won!!

It's kinda hard to tell from the small pictures, but you probably know that I would choose the second one. I think it would really brighten up the kitchen, and would look really good with the color of your cabinets. The others are nice, but are very dark, and your floor & cabinets are already dark. Just my opinion!

The best thing for you to do is see the actual slabs before you pick. The same granite can vary from slab to slab. If you picked one from the sample, the actual slab could look very different. We found that out when we were searching the granite yards during our kitchen remodel.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to see the final results!

Cindi said...

Back to say that I just googled the Baltic Brown Granite, and it isn't as dark as it looks in the picture you have. I think it could work well, depending on what the actual stone slab looks like. So I guess I now vote for 1gson or 2! :)

John said...

I like the brown, but Katie would want the white. Congrats on the weight loss! I've lost 25-ish pounds since October -- perhaps "Luck of the Irish" is hereditary? Anyways, we need to Skype sometime. Hope all is well...

Nelle said...

I would choose the Uba Tuba because is seems to have a few more colors in it. One of the best parts of my counter is that putting different colors in the kitchen makes the countertop feel updated, too. I guess if you would never change the decor then maybe the first or second. But I see some yellow, white, gray, brown and blue. It'll be cool to see what you end up picking.

Anonymous said...

WOW! that is so exciting:) I like the first one, very nice. We are getting some this week too, but sadly i didnt win them, i am paying for them:) Also CONGRATS on the weight watchers. You are doing soooo good!

Joe*Nikki said...

I like the first one! But most importantly...I am soooo proud of you, you LIFETIME member of WW!! You look great!! Thanks for being an inspiration to me!!

Kathryn S. said...

Wow, I was just reading through your comments and read John's. He's right. I don't fancy dark kitchens, so I vote for the second one, but who cares what other people think? This is YOUR decision right? Go for what you think looks best and you'll be the most satisfied with :)