Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Granite

We made our final decision about your granite today! I looked online at the different choices, but those little graphics were such low resolution that it made it difficult to really grasp the nature of the patterns. I looked at other websites to get a better idea of what the colors really look like, and that helped. Then this afternoon we went to Elite Stonework's showroom and met with the super nice sales guy Allen and he showed us the choices. In the end, I fell madly in love with this:It's the Golden Garnet. It looks nothing like the sample, huh? I love the rich golds and browns with little flecks of black against a creamy white background. I think it will play nicely with our dark cabinets and black furniture. They are coming out next week to install, I'm so excited! We also got our new faucet in the mail today, thank you ebay! My already new kitchen is going to be even more new and fabulous!

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Yay!! That was my first choice! I think it is going to look wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person. It looks a lot like the granite I had in Sandy...only mine didn't have the black flecks in it. I thought with "garnet" in the name it might have some burgundy or red-ish color, too. It sure is pretty! I'm so happy for you!

Cindi said...

Forgot to ask....are you getting a new under mount sink?

Kathryn S. said...

YES!!! Lighter counter tops are SO the way to go! Can't wait until I can have light colored counter tops some day :)