Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busy week!

This week has been Draper Days and we've enjoyed a few of the celebrations including the children's parade, the carnival, and the big parade! This first pic is of Isaac in the Children's Parade on his decorated trike. He only took out one older lady (I hope she's ok!).
At the park carnival, they have a little area just for kids with free games to earn little toys and prizes. Here's Isaac at the fishing pond, SOO excited to get a little orange car!
Isaac in front of the giant tortoise. They had a reptile rescue with tons of snakes, frogs, and this big fella. Isaac kept making such goofy faces!
Here we are at the parade watching the Draper Tank roll down the street. Isaac had so much fun waving his flag at the trucks and floats going down the street.
Emilie was a good girl through all the festivities! She's started cooing at me and I just love how her mouth curls up on the ends when she's trying to tell me things. I sure love this little one!Saturday afternoon we checked on the progress of the house. The framing work looks done and the shingles are stacked on the roof ready to go up next week. Most of the wiring and plumbing is done too. We're going in on Wednesday for a walk through before they start to sheet rock to make sure they didn't miss anything. Yeah! We'll also have a better idea at that point if they'll be able to finish before the end of August before our lease runs out. *keeping fingers crossed* Other notable things this week:
We all went to the dentist this week and Isaac did such a good job - he let them clean his teeth with their little polishing brush, floss his teeth, and do a fluoride treatment! He also got a "No Cavity Club" sticker - well, actually 4 of them because he took the whole sheet that they were on. I think they were being a little too indulgent. (And Jarom and I didn't have cavities either, but no stickers for us...)

And my dear friend Andrea had her little baby on Friday! Welcome Wyatt! He's a little guy coming in just over 6 lbs, so hopefully he'll enjoy wearing some of Isaac's tiny preemie clothes.

3 comments:

Ioana said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the parade. I love Isaac's silly faces! And the house looks great. I'm so excited for you guys, and we'll definitely keep our fingers crossed for you so they can finish it early!

Brooke said...

Looks like fun! I used to love Draper Days. And also your house looks like it is coming along quick that is great!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Wow! Draper days looks like fun. I love isaac on the trike. That is so cute! Emilie sure looks a lot like her brother. They have the same eyes. She is getting so big! Wow! Congrats on the house. I bet that is such a wonderful feeling to see all the progress!