Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mommy Moments

I've had a few mommy moments this week that I thought I would share:
  • While at Ikea tonight, I had the kids on the sidewalk (Isaac in the cart, Emilie strapped to me in the Bjorn) waiting for Jarom to bring the van around to load up our loot. Being the wonder mom that I am, and I was more interested in looking at the receipt than at the cart. Before I knew it, the cart started heading out into the parking lot! It bumped down the curb with a loud THA-THUD... THUD! Isaac was shocked at the impact and looked at me with a "what on earth just happened?" look. Yeah, I should have been paying more attention. Luckily he (and the contents of the cart!) were unharmed.
  • I dropped the kids off at Michele's house to run a few quick errands. After I had been back in the car and driving for a while, I realized that I didn't need to keep listening to the kids station on the radio and could actually listen to adult music! I just wish I would have realized that sooner.
  • This has been happening a lot lately, but in the evening, we'll go to the store to run a few errands (after a long day of taking care of the kids), and I'll be in the store and happen to see my reflection in the mirror. More often than not, I'll notice that my shoulders are caked in dried spit-up. At this point, I should be worried and embarrassed for wearing such dirty clothes in public (not to mention the lack of accessories or even a decent hair do - but I digress) but no, not me. My thoughts are focused on the fact that at least my shirt will launder just fine because, like usual, all I wear are cotton t-shirts these days.
So while I'm not very glamorous these days, nor the most detail-oriented, nor observant, I'm happy to be a mommy and I love my kiddos to pieces. :)

1 comment:

Annie Hawkins said...

haha. Mi sa intamplat si mie sa nu fiu atenta si caruciorul lui Aren a mers in jos spre drum, dar sa oprit la timp. Si cu radio e haios ca si eu cam ascult muzica pentru copii si cam uit ca pot asculta ceva si pentru mine. Si eu inca am doar un copil, sa vezi ce o sa fie cu mine cand o sa se nasca al doilea. LOL