Sunday, July 6, 2008

More pics from July

We had a nice 4th of July. Here's Jarom holding Isaac and Emilie wearing their patriotic shirts, very cute! We drove out to our lot and saw the house, then had lunch at IKEA. That evening, Jarom and some of his brothers came over to light some fireworks, then we watched some of the big firework displays from our deck. When we move, I'm really going to miss the amazing view we get from our deck!
This is the progress that has been made on the house - not quite as much as I would have hoped, but hopefully they will start framing this week. As we left for church this morning, I saw that my day lily had bloomed! Mom brought over this beauty last summer (she says that it's the Claudine Lily since they all have names). I don't know how long the bloom will last so I thought I should take a picture to enjoy it even longer.
Jarom found this little fella on the front porch the other night. ???? I didn't think frogs could even live around here, especially when it's so hot and dry! Jarom showed the pics to Isaac, and ever since then, Isaac goes out every day to try to find the frog again.

2 comments:

Brooke S said...

I love catching up with old friends lives. First facebook, then blogging! Wa-hoo!

PS How are you?

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Emilie looks beautiful in her blessing dress! You know, when we lived there I was watering my flowers and heard something rustling in the flowers. I found a frog jumping in my garden and it scared me to death!!! I wonder if it is the same guy that you saw?