Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 31st birthday and I had a wonderful day! It wasn't quite like the magic of being a kid and waking up tingling with anticipation of being so special on that day, I don't know when that magic rubbed off, but it was still a great day to celebrate with some great people.

In the morning, we had a playgroup/baby shower for Mindi whose baby is only a few more weeks from her due date! Isaac LOVED being with his buddies again, and I think we had 11 kids running rampant through the house. We had lunch and Rachele made a yummy carrot cake (she made me a cake last year too, what a kind friend!) and the kids had fun singing Happy Birthday. They still know how magical that song is.

Isaac was so cute about my birthday. At one point, he was a bit nap-deprived and acting out, so I asked him if he could be nice to me since it was my birthday and all (I'm getting good at this mommy guilt!) and he smiled, gave me a hug, and said that he wants to be very nice to mommy on my birthday, and you know, he was really good the rest of the day! Any time someone called to wish me a happy birthday, he had to talk too. A few days ago, Jarom took the kids to the store and picked out a gift for me, and as soon as they got home, Isaac ran right up to me and announced that they got me a present! I had to work so hard to get him to NOT tell me what it was! But then of course Jarom left it in the back of the van, and I had to get groceries the next day and I saw it as I was loading up the food. Jarom figured out I saw it (since I didn't close the back door all the way, oops!) and wanted to surprise me even more, so after he got off work yesterday he went to Williams-Sonoma and got me a really neat kitchen gadget that I had been eyeing online for a little while. He's such a sweet husband!

We had a very fabulous birthday dinner at Sonic, then came home to some more cake, put the kids to bed, and I spent the rest of the evening working! So all in all, a great day! (minus the working part, of course.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! well a bit late. Sounds like you had a great day!

Annakaisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Josselyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Ioana said...

Happy Birthday!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! You have such great girlfriends in Utah! I am glad you had a great day

Brea Eskelsen said...

Happy belated birthday!! I am glad it was a nice day.

Sally Williams said...

Happy Birthday, Claudine!!!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Happy birthday! Yeah for you!

Nic said...

Happy Late Birthday to you! Sounds like lots of fun.

Annie Hawkins said...

La Multi Ani!!! Se pare ca ai avut o zi faina. Si eu am sarbatorit ziua cu fratele meu; e doar o zi diferenta si bineanteles si un an. :D Nu mai e magic nici pentru mine, dar inca imi place Craciunul ca pare destul de magic. :D

mindi said...

Thanks again for the fun shower!!! And I'm glad we got to come and be with you on your birthday!