Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Nice Day for a Drive

So what do you do when you have tons of work needing to be done, a fair amount of neglected housework, and two squirmy kids? Load up the van for a road trip, of course! We packed up the kids, pajamas and all, and our old kitchen table, and took the table and some other wedding gifts to my brother John and his new wife Katie up in Rexburg.The drive up to Idaho went so well! Emilie slept most of the way and Isaac spent the time either singing Primary songs or commenting on the different trucks we saw on the road. Here are John and Katie in front of their apartment building, excited to have a table to eat at (not that storage bins aren't great for eating on...). Don't they just ooze with newlywed bliss?
Jarom's grandparents live in Idaho Falls, and since we'd be passing by, we planned a little visit to their house after seeing John and Katie. We told Isaac this morning that we would be going to Grandpa's farm, so he ran and got his "farmer hat." He was so excited to wear it, so I had to get a pic of him with his hat and Grandpa with his hat. Even though we could only visit for a little while, Isaac had fun exploring the land. And I had to snap a few pics of my cuties, of course. Grandma and Grandpa treated us to a yummy dinner at Johnny Carinos (and I remembered why we don't eat out very much any more with Isaac). And while we were waiting for the food, Grandpa was coloring with Isaac tring to keep him busy, and it was so cute I had to take a pic. Of course as soon I tried to capture this precious moment in time, Isaac traded his crayon fo the fork and the moment was nearly lost, but take my word for it, Grandpa has some pretty mad crayon skillz. We made it home about an hour ago and I don't think it will be hard getting to sleep tonight. I'm so glad we took our quick trip up north! Next time we'll plan on spending a bit more time before heading back home again.

3 comments:

Sally Williams said...

What a fun trip!!! It looks like you guy's had alot of fun.

Jennifer Hatch said...

It's always good to get out of town no matter what is piling up at home, I think our sanity is worth it :) . I can't believe how much older Emilie looks - and she's sitting up so well!

mindi said...

How fun! I especially love the pics of Emilie in the leaves.