Friday, November 28, 2008

Let there be turkey!

I was shoked to step on the scale this morning and see that I was down two pounds, don't know how that happened, especially considering we had TWO huge Thanksgiving feasts yesterday! But hey, I will just add that to my list of more things to be grateful for. :)

This is how our morning started (and remarkably similiar to how this morning is going too):
We first drove over to Michele's house and mingled with the fam. Here's Jarom talking with my "little" nephew Gevan. When on earth did he get so tall?!?And my super-woman sister Michele and her culinary prowesss.
John, Jeff, Dad, and Chris. What a group of handsome boys! After we had lunch with my family, we prayed that our food would digest quickly, and headed over to Jarom's parents for dinner part II. By now the kids were pretty tired, so I didn't get as many pictures, but here we are the "kids" table, minus Jenny who was taking care of Michaela, and Isaac who lost interest in eating and needed to play with trucks. *sigh* I gave Emilie a pickle spear and she LOVED sucking on it. It kept her occupied for quite a while so I could eat my dinner! I love that face she was making.
The kids slept the whole way home and handled the festivities pretty well. Today they are both still out of sorts, but we're putting up our Christmas tree tonight and I'm sure that will bring out some happy faces.

1 comment:

Ioana said...

It sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Don't worry, as good as the food may be, my kids lose interest pretty fast too, especially after they got what they wanted.:)
By the way, your kids are adorable!