- Frozen turkeys. My first Thanksgiving in Romania, my district of missionaries thought it would be fun to create a full-blown American feast, complete with turkey, so we went to the piata and bought "Domnul Cluck-Cluck" and with the help of Mircea, slaughtered that poor beast, plucked, gutted, and cleaned him. I stuffed and baked him along with making all the other fixings, and had a wonderful meal (after all day of cooking!). After that, I vowed I would never again go through so much work to cook a turkey.
- Nail clippers/hair clippers. I can't stand long toe nails or long hair on my boys. I am so grateful that I can keep toe nails short and unruly Hatch hair under submission.
- Snow plows. I hate driving in snow. Hate it. Thank you, snow plows, for at least making snowy roads feasible.
- Chocolate.
- Modern medicine. Without it, I would not have Isaac and Emilie wearing me out all the time.
- Hot showers
- Books. Especially audio books, since that is how I digest my daily dose of literature these days.
- My iPod and the public library system (for the previous point).
- Sharp knives. I found a little knife sharpener at Ikea not too long ago and gave all my knives a quick sharpening and they are now like brand new again. Now I can slice and dice like all those over-priced and under-dressed chefs on the food network again.
- Memory foam. Don't understand it, but I can't sleep without it.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Giving Thanks
In honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow, I've been pondering some of the things in my life that I'm thankful for. Besides the obvious things to be grateful for (awesome kids, wonderful hubby, etc.), I thought I would share some of the less-obvious things that are on my gratitude list:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your title picture is so so so cute! I love it! I cannot believe Emilee can hold herself up like that! She is getting SO big! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment