Saturday, January 12, 2008

A few things...

Ammon, this picture is for you.
On Friday for playgroup, we took the kids to the open play at Backyard Adventures in Draper and Isaac had a GREAT time! They have an area with lots of playground equipment with ladders, climbing walls, play houses, tunnels, and swings. Then there's a bouncy area with slides and jumping areas. The open play lasts for an hour and a half, and I was concerned that Isaac would want to play that long, but when time came to leave, he did not want to go home! At least he took a nice nap after we did make it home, whew!

So last week we had a few days of great success with potty training, but since then, Isaac didn't want anything to do with briefs and only wanted diapers. (his words) So it looks like we're not making as much progress as I though, but that's ok. We're moving at his pace and keep encouraging him when he does want to go potty.

Last week we found a new housing development in Saratoga Springs that was very appealing to us. Prices were reasonable, the location was great, and we found a floor plan that would work wonderfully for our growing family. We had talked with the sales guy a few times and were planning on putting a deposit down on a lot this morning. Originally, the sales guy said that we would only have to put down $500 and that would hold our lot until we were ready to start building, but then when Jarom talked to him this morning, his story changed and he said that it would actually be $500 at first, then another $3500 within a week to complete the contract, and that would only hold the lot for 2 months. Wow! We would be ok with the $500, but $4000?!? They don't like contingent buyers and wouldn't even start digging a hole until our existing home is sold, so no matter what, we would have to move twice, which would be hard being pregnant or even with a newborn. So needless to say, we're a bit disappointed today that the house that we were really getting excited about is now out of our reach. I don't want to try to sell our townhouse right now being pregnant. We were hoping to start building towards the end of spring then move in the middle to end of summer after the baby is born and things are settled. We probably will still try to find a bigger home after the baby is here, but for now, we're just not going to worry about things. This whole experience has been so disappointing.

At least the pregnancy is still coming along well. Baby has been so active the last few days! Jarom can even feel her kicking which is so neat. I'm so grateful that my body is still hanging in so well, much better than we could have even imagined. My next appointment is on the 17th (next Thursday) and I'll be 24 weeks by then. 24 weeks is the big milestone because any time after that point, if she is born, she would most likely make it through just fine. At the rate we're going though, we'll make it much farther than that. Every week when we go in, I keep expecting to hear that my cervix is shortening, but each week I am so surprised. It's amazing to experience what a normal pregnancy must feel like, or at least close to normal! :)

2 comments:

mindi said...

Oh, backyard adventures sounds so fun - I can't wait to go with you guys sometime! I'm so sad too that things with the house didn't work out either - but atleast the most important thing in your life right now is going so well! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Oh, and by the way - cute, cute blog design - I love it!

Annakaisa said...

Oh how greatly disappointing that house thing is!!! I can't believe that they would tell you only the half truth! Well... actually I can. Realitors are tricky many times. But that is crappy news. :( I was getting excited for your house plan too. Well.. something else will come along, when the time is right.