Saturday, January 5, 2008
My big boy!
Although we aren't going full throttle on potty training, we have encouraging Isaac to use the potty as often as he wants, and he does a pretty good job, especially going poop. We've hardly changed a poopy diaper in a few months and it's been great! Yesterday afternoon, Isaac went "stinky potty" and to reward him, I let him wear his Thomas briefs for a little bit, thinking he would have another accident like he has done in the past, but he kept them dry the rest of the day - even with a trip to the Home Depot with Jarom! We asked him a few times the rest of the day if he needed to go potty and he usually went when prompted. He wore a diaper over night, then we let him wear his Cars briefs today. He went the entire day without an accident, what a big boy! He may be ready to be fully potty trained after all! I wasn't going to push it too much since I've heard from so many people that potty training and getting a new sibling aren't the best combination, but I guess we'll just continue letting him do what he can and encourage his good behavior. He is so proud of himself after going potty and loves to tell everyone all about it! He always gets a high five and "bones" for his good job. Mommy is so proud of my little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so great! I have been thinking about starting the potty training with Emma too soon. I love the new background for your blog! :)
I am soooo jealous! Taylor refuses to go on the potty! Congrats to you guys!
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment.
Post a Comment