Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Back in grade school, my teacher had us learn this little poem:

Last night while I was fast asleep,
The old year went away.
It won't come back again because
A new one's here to stay.

Why on earth I remembered that, I don't know. Jarom's the one with the freakish memory, but there ya go. And it's not too far off from how the new year went for us. I had an unusually high number of contractions yesterday, even with extra doses of my pills, so I spent the day and night in bed. Jarom took Isaac to the aquarium in the afternoon and they had fun seeing the fish and playing on the inflatable slide that was there for a special new years party. Then that night, we just stayed home, watched a movie, ordered pizza, and had a very quiet new years eve. We stayed up to watch the ball drop in Time Square on tv, shared a new years kiss, then went to bed shortly after that. Not the most exciting way to ring in the new year, but the new year came regardless of our efforts.

Luckily, today I haven't had any contractions, so we were able to go out and spend a little of our Christmas money. Jarom wanted a new, bigger drill, and I wanted to see if we could find any good after Christmas deals on kids clothes, so we went to Sears. Didn't find too many clothes for Isaac, but found some little rompers for Baby. We also got Isaac a semi truck that he just won't stop playing with. I also got some super cozy slippers for me and I love them!

2008 will be an exciting year for the Hatch family. Most obviously will be the addition of our little girl to our family, and every week leading up to that event will be monumental. Isaac will turn 3 in April and will be old enough to possibly start playing soccer or preschool (something to give him an outlet for all his energy!). We hope that Jarom's company will continue to well so that he has plenty of work to do. We have been so blessed this passed year and look forward with faith for all that we have ahead of us this coming year.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad you are feeling well enough for shopping, that's how I gauge my health!! I'm glad you are taking it easy though. Around here we use the winter to hibernate. :)

Brea Eskelsen said...

I am sorry you had contractions on New Years Eve. I hope things are going better. I love the Christmas pictures. It is always fun to read about your family.