Saturday, January 26, 2008

The lot

What's so special about this snow-covered piece of land, one might ask. So, dear reader, to save you from further wondering, this is our lot where we will be building our new home! (assuming we can sell our house ok and everything goes as planned...) This is looking east.
Our lot is right next to where they are building the model home for the subdivision, and this next picture shows the model (looking south-east). Our home will look similar to this one, just not quite as big. We hope to be able to start construction in early spring and have it completed in summer. While we won't be able to move in before the baby is born, we should be able to move in a few months later.So there's our little slice of the American Dream. I really, really, really hope that this process can move smoothly and we can make this dream a reality for our little family. Our street is Blossom Court - the other street they are building on is Produce Place, so I like Blossom Court much better.

2 comments:

mindi said...

So exciting for you guys! - and now I can picture more of what you've been telling me about - you'll have to take me out to see it some time.

Annakaisa said...

How very exciting!! The model home looks really cute, and even if your house is not excatly the same, we get a good idea what yours will look like! I'm so happy for you guys! :)