When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I couldn't see anything other than WHITE. I guess the storm that was supposed to come this afternoon came early this morning. I begrudgingly got in the shower and started getting ready for church, dreading the drive over to the chapel. As I got out of the shower, the phone rang and we received word that church meetings had been canceled due to the snow. In all my 30 years of living in Utah with our Utah snow storms, I have never had church canceled because of the snow! It's probably a very good thing though because we got about 16 inches of snow out of this latest round.
Isaac's friend Kaleb came over around 11am and the boys played out in the snow for quite a while, throwing snow balls and climbing up the plowed embankments. When it was finally time to come inside, Isaac was very upset, so we let him play out on the deck while we got lunch ready.
Then Jarom had the wonderful idea to make "yellow" snow - at least that's what his family called it growing up. It's just hard-packed snow covered in apple juice. Yummy! Next time I'm going to try it with a little sweetened lemon juice! When I was a kid, we used to get plates full of snow and cover it in maple syrup to eat it. I've also tried making snow ice cream by putting milk, sugar, and vanilla over the snow. Pretty tasty.
4 comments:
I have no memory of this "yellow snow"... Sounds good though.
Hmmmm...yellow snow... sounds suspicious yet oddly yummy!
yuck! Yellow snow:) I can not believe church got cancelled that is crazy!
Our church was canceled too...but we had Tyler's sister's baby blessing, so we missed out. :) But 16 inches! Holy Smokes! That is a ton of snow!
Those sound like Yummy Treats, I am going to have to try them.
Post a Comment