Monday, February 18, 2008

A real pain in the @**

Jarom's pretty happy - he got to give me my progesterone shot today. He's been begging and pleading to let him give me one of my weekly shots, but I've been having my sister the nurse give them to me. I couldn't get a hold of her this morning, so Jarom got an evil twinkle in his eye and eagerly volunteered to administer the shot himself. The shot itself isn't too bad, although the needle is kind of thick (the Progesterone is about the consistency of Karo syrup) and very long and it goes right in the bum. I must admit, Jarom did a fine job with the shot, although I didn't appreciate hearing him describe the feeling of the needle going through the different skin/fat/muscle layers.

To celebrate Presidents Day, Jarom and Ammon are ripping out the tile in the entryway right now and are getting ready to lay down the new tile. Isaac is so curious and has to watch whatever they are doing and tries to help out where he can. He's "daddy's good helper!" I guess the best part of Jarom's temporary jobless status is that he has the time now to work on some of these unfinished projects. :)

3 comments:

mindi said...

Oh . . . needles . . . you're a tough woman! But even more - I can't believe Jarom wanted to give the shot - I thinking giving a shot would freak me out even more than getting a shot.

Erin Weed said...

Now that is love! and trust.

ryan said...

Oh, gosh! Ryan is trying to train me to do his allergy shots, and- no thanks! I admit there is something satisfying about it, but that def doesn't outweigh my fear. And I just noticed you are at 29 weeks, yaay!!
Oh and this is Leslie