I went back to the hospital today to get the cerclage finally taken out, and theoretically, everything should have just gone nice and smoothly, but it just didn't quite happen that way. I went into the OR and they gave me the general anesthesia that was supposed to knock me out, and initially I did feel pretty woozy, but then as soon as the doctor got started, the pain knocked me right out of the warm fuzzy feeling the drugs caused. They gave me more drugs, but it just wasn't nearly enough to cover the pain. (Did I mention that it really, really hurt?) So then I got a spinal to really make me numb, but as soon as that started to kick in, I got really light headed, nauseas, hyperventilating, and feeling pretty crumby, but at least the important parts were numb and the doctor was able to get the stitch out. I guess the stitch was put in so high and it was just a lot harder to get out than they had originally though, but now it's over and I'm home. And needless to say, I am still very sore, but at least it's over. It was more painful to get the stitch taken out than it was to put in, oddly enough.
Throughout the whole ordeal, Baby did great! They monitored her heart beats and she had some great accelerations. She was moving tons too, so I think she weathered this little storm just fine. And luckily it didn't start labor (although I guess I wouldn't be totally opposed to the idea). Baby will be here soon enough. I think Jarom's actually getting more anxious for her to be born than me!
4 comments:
I am so glad to hear that. I'm very sorry that I didn't call you. I meant to all day but it was an impossible day. (The highlight was losing the keys to our car that does not have a spare!) Anyway, sorry for the pain but I'm glad everyone is doing well. Now for the fun part... almost time to meet baby!
Oh I'm glad that's over with!
Wow! That does sound painfu. I am glad that everything went alright. Have you guys sold your house yet? Hope you can get some rest and feel better!
I have been a slacker blogger, and I am finally catching up! I was wondering if you had your baby yet, but nope! That is amazing! Are you going to love bring her home a few days after she is born? HOLY COW huh! So happy for you! love you!
Post a Comment