Sunday, April 20, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

While shopping at Costco last night, I saw some crates of beautiful, big, luscious strawberries and I started drooling. Then I saw someone carrying a large box of shortcakes, so I quickly sent Jarom back to the dairy case to grab some whipping cream, and home we went. I made some Bisquick shortcakes, cut up some strawberries, and whipped the cream, et voila! C'est magnifique! We had some strawberry shortcakes after dinner last night, then since we had a few more left over, we made some more after lunch today. I don't know if it's just because some foods taste extraordinarily yummy while pregnant, but this was just the tastiest thing I've eaten in a long time. Isaac liked it too, especially all the strawberries! (notice how there were none left?) I think we'll be making these a lot more often now that strawberries are in season.Last weekend when it was so warm, we had a fun time playing at Draper park, and I just had to snap this picture of my boys playing on the swings. I love seeing Isaac and Jarom doing things together and enjoying being together!
I had Jarom snap this pic of me yesterday - my 37 week picture I suppose. As much as I don't particularly enjoy being photographed while huge, it's fun to look back and see how much I/we've grown over these last months. I noticed yesterday morning that the usual rib pain I usually feel was gone and my belly seemed lower than usual, so I think that the baby has dropped. I guess it's all just part of her impending arrival. I do feel a little different and am finding it harder to do much walking, but that's ok. We don't have too much longer until her big arrival! I am just amazed that yet another week has gone by and she is still hanging in there. With my luck, she will be born this week, between Wednesday and Friday, because my doctor is leaving town for a conference, and she has missed my other deliveries, so with my luck, she will be gone for this one too. :) At least I have a wonderful nurse who always makes sure that a great doctor is available to help me out. (Ironically, the same doctor delivered my other babies and just happened to be on call both times... I should ask Michele if she's on the schedule for this week...)
A quick update on the house, still trying to sell. We've had showings every week, so there is still interest out there. I'm fine with things taking longer to sell because it means that we will be here when the baby is born and we can worry about things afterwards. We still drive out to Saratoga Springs every so often and look at our lot. There are quite a few other homes framed and it's exciting to see the neighborhood coming together. Last week we saw another Escalante framed and it was great to walk through it and imagine what our house will look like. Here's the rendering of what our house will look like. Hopefully this will be our house soon!!!

6 comments:

Ioana said...

We just had some strawberries yesterday, but now I saw your post and I'm craving them again! LOL
You look adorable!!!! I know you feel big, but you do look really cute!

Annakaisa said...

The house looks cute in the picture. Anything NEW is always so nice! And you sure are getting BIG! And believe me, that is a compliment!!! :) Wonderful to see, that things have gone so well with this pregnancy!

Melissa said...

I love the House!! I can't wait to see it when it is all done!! And I'm so happy that little Emilie has stayed put for so long!! What a good girl!! My sister-in-law, Lori is having her baby (Suzie) on Thursday!! How fun is that!! You're kids are going to be so close in age! My sister, Michelle is on bedrest because she has already gone into labor twice! Crazy!! She still has 7 weeks to go so hopefully she'll be able to keep little Maggie in there a little longer!! :)

Brea Eskelsen said...

You have so many exciting things happening! I like the house. I had to laugh because I bought strawberries today at Costco. By the way you look great!

Jeff said...

mmmm, strawberries.

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Look at your belly!! So so so cute! You look really good. And the house looks like it is going to be awesome! Good luck with this baby. It is getting so close now!