Thursday, April 17, 2008
Dental Flush
I am a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I have only flossed Isaac's teeth a few times, because he usually fights me so much when I try that it's not worth the fight. I'm just happy when he brushes his teeth! So tonight before bed, I was letting him watch Signing Time, and it was the episode where they talk about brushing and flossing teeth. Isaac was so intrigued by it on tv, and since it has been a while since I've tried, he wanted to floss his teeth. I was only too thrilled to accommodate his desire, so I told him to lay down and got the floss out. He was such a good boy - he just laid there and let me floss which teeth I could get to easily enough, and when I was done, he took the floss and wanted to do it himself too, which I happily allowed. When he was done, I asked for the floss back so I could throw it away, but he said no because HE wanted to take care of it. He hopped off the bed and headed right into his bathroom. I heard the toilet open, then flush, then close, and he came back into my bedroom with such a proud look on his face. Apparently, the proper way to dispose of dental "flush" is by flushing it down the toilet. I guess the word "flush" is much more a part of his vernacular than "floss," so in his mind, they were the same. No wonder he was hesitant to let me "flush" his teeth before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute! It gives a whole new meaning to having a "potty" mouth!!
Grandma Cindi
Tooo cute! Isn't funny what they think we are saying and visa versa!
Post a Comment