Saturday, April 26, 2008

We have a contract

This morning we sent off the acceptance papers for the sale of our townhouse, so we are now officially under contract. We're not getting as much money from the sale of our house as we had hoped, and the buyer's agent is also selling our neighbor's home and we think she is pure evil, so the thought of paying her commission is enough to make me want to vomit, but at least the deal is done and now it's a matter of meeting the deadlines until things are official. The lady buying it will use it for a rental property, so she will rent it back to us until the end of August when our new house is done.

While I'm not quite as excited as I had imagined I would be, I am relieved that the selling process is over (knock on wood that something else doesn't happen to make the sale fall through!), and now we can worry about getting the new house under way. We'll go to the design center next week and start picking out things. I got an updated list from the sales office today with the prices of things and a few things have gone up in price in the last few months which is very discouraging, so we probably won't be able to get as many upgrades as we had hoped, but that's ok. Luckily I have a very handy hubby who loves to work on home improvement projects that we can work on along the way.

In other news, I went in to false labor Wednesday night and was getting so excited thinking that I was going to have the baby this week! I was contracting about every 5 minutes and they were increasing in frequency and intensity, but I got checked out by the nurses at the hospital and I was only dilated 3 1/2 cm. They monitored me for a while, then had me walk around for a while, but the contractions were just a bit too irregular and my cervix wasn't changing any more, so they sent me home. They don't like to keep anyone unless they are at least 4 cm dilated. So alas, no baby. But having the trial run was good because I got my bags packed and realized that I was missing a few things and not quite as prepared as I thought I was. So in the following days I was able to get the last few things I needed and finished washing the baby's clothes. I think I am now about as ready as I can be and that's a good feeling. I was really hoping that I would be able to have this baby this weekend, preferably today, but at least right now, I'm not in labor and I doubt that I will go into labor, at least not tonight. We'll see what tomorrow holds, although she could continue to be stubborn and hold on for another week or longer. I was feeling so patient until Wednesday night, and now I am just getting so excited for this baby to get here!

Isaac has had a good last few days with his potty training! He was just about potty trained until his little hospital stay and has been so reluctant to try any more after that, but he had his 3 year check-up on Monday and his doctor gave me a wonderful article about potty training reluctant children and it has made all the difference! He still has the occasional accident, but it's getting better and he is learning to take more responsibility over his potty training.

At his check-up, it was wonderful to hear that he is in the 45% for weight (that's a first!) and 55% for height! For the longest time, he wasn't even on the chart, so it's very exciting to see this kind of improvement in his growth. He was also so cute when he got his vaccine because the nurse gave him the shot so fast and was able to distract him so he felt the little prick but didn't know what happened, but before he knew what was going on, she was putting the band-aid on his owie and he was so grateful! He didn't even cry but kept talking about how he had an owie but Danielle (the nurse) gave him a band-aid and made it all better! He wouldn't take the band-aid off for 3 days until it finally fell off on its own and kept talking about how they made him all better at the doctor's office. :)

4 comments:

David and Taryn said...

Congratulations on getting your house under contract. I'm glad to hear that you get to stay until your house is done! Kinda nice too that you got to have a practice run of labor to help you prepare, and kinda frustrating cause you're reading to have her here. But if you're 3 1/2cn then she'll be here any day! Hopefully this week!

Annakaisa said...

I love your new blog template!! Super cute!!

suzanne said...

If you were that far along I am suprised they didn't induce you sometimes they can strech you 1/2 cm. I'm getting excited for you...I need that potty training article on stubborn kiddos:) Good luck...I love how everything is falling into place.

Brea Eskelsen said...

Congratulations on your contract. It will be exciting to get started on your new home. Any day now you will bringing home a new addition to your family. Sorry about having to go into the hospital and then having to come home.