Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An induction? For me?

I had my drs appointment this morning and was a little surprised to find out that I'm still just dilated about 3cm and about 75% effaced, so about the same as last week. I was contracting pretty strongly and regularly last night and even had my parents come down to be with Isaac so Jarom could take me up to the hospital, but as we were driving up to the U, the contractions got more irregular. We drove around a little bit and then came home, and by the time we got home, my contractions had all but stopped. So yet another false alarm. My doctor said that if I don't go into labor on my own this week, then I can come in Sunday night and be induced then, so unless Emilie has other plans, she will likely be born early Monday morning - my little Cinco de Mayo baby. :)

And something else completely unrelated, we went to the new Harmon's tonight that just opened up down the street from us - I LOVE IT!!! It's huge inside and very nice, and layed out about the same as the other one in Draper that I usually go to so I didn't have any problems finding anything. They have some great deals on cereals and meat, so we loaded up on those, and the best part is they are giving you double the discount on gas, so with the groceries we bought for this week, I got a $0.30 off per gallon discount! And let's be honest, with gas as outrageous as it is these days, every little penny helps. I'm so glad that I'll be able to enjoy this new store so close to home, at least for the next few months before we move.

While we were there, they were handing out ice cream cone samples and I let Isaac have one, and it was chocolate ice cream (I know, you are probably already imaging what happened next). He enjoyed that ice cream so much and was being so quiet sitting in his little race car cart, so I just let him enjoy his ice cream and didn't pay too much attention to what was going on. After a little while, I looked in on him and saw that he was covered from HEAD TO TOE in chocolate ice cream. It was all over his shirt, pants, socks, you name it. BIG MESS. But he didn't care, and I was too tired to worry about it, so I just let him be sticky. We did what we could with a few wet wipes, and Randy Harmon was walking around, saw him, and gave him a little apron to wear, but we still had to strip him down as soon as we got home and clean him off. And by we, I should say Jarom because he took care of the messy stuff while I put groceries away and got dinner ready. Thanks, love! I just wish I would have gotten a picture of Isaac covered in his ice cream mess.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't believe you haven't had that baby yet!!!! Holy cow! Induction! Too funny Claudine. You just never know. The Lord blesses in mysterious ways huh. :) I am so happy for you though! This is great! And so glad that your house is in contract and you can start on your NEW one! SOOO FUN!!! I am just spilling over with joy! I hope you can feel it! I LOVE YOU!