Tuesday, April 8, 2008

No dice

We just got back from the doctor, and she tried to get the stitch out, but it was just hurting way too bad for me (I felt like such a baby!). So I'm going back on Thursday and will go to Labor and Delivery. That way they can give me some pain meds and they will have access to the more serious tools to get this darn stitch out. It's doing it's job though, I'm still only 1 cm dilated (though that may change as soon as the stitch comes out).

I'm very disappointed that things didn't go more smoothly today and I am sad that I wasn't able to handle the pain better, but I guess that's why I was born in this day and not 100 years ago when I wouldn't have had any chance of being able to have children.

And at least now I can go to Isaac's party without too much worry. :) I'll be sure to post pictures.

2 comments:

Erin Weed said...

Oh no! don't feel like a baby though, that doesn't sound like something I'd be willing to do without pain meds!

Tonight I had this nagging feeling I was supposed to be somewhere... unfortunately I didn't figure it out until the party was ending. I feel just terrible. I hope he had a great time celebrating his birthday though.

Leslie said...

Sounds like a procedure I'd need to be totally put out for! Being pregnant makes us so sensitive to everything, I wouldn't worry. I remember one time the ultrasound tech was trying to get a good shot of London's head and she pushed so hard I started crying, I just couldn't help it! The next day there was a bruise on my stomach, so it was justified, but still.
I hope the next few weeks run smoothly for you. How does it feel to be well into the 3rd trimester! You look fantastic and I can't wait to see your darling baby girl!