Saturday, January 24, 2009

Breadsticks

I am just in a cooking mood these days, so I hope you are enjoying all these recipes! I just have one more to share tonight, with more to come next week.

My friend Brea posted a recipe on her blog a while back for her homemade bread sticks and I knew I wanted to give them a try, so last week when I made spaghetti, I made the bread sticks too and they were not only super easy to make, but so yummy! Since Brea's blog is private, I hope she doesn't mind if I copy her recipe here and share it with you.
Brea's Bread Sticks:

2 Tbls. sugar
1 Tbls. yeast
1 2/3 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
3 c. flour

Mix above ingredients add another 1 c. flour or more to make a soft dough. (Usually I add just 1 then let rise. After I add just a little more to work with it). Cover and leave 10 minutes. Grease sheet cake pan and spread dough out. Melt 1/4 margarine. Spread over dough. Sprinkle on salad supreme, onion, garlic salt, garlic powder or Parmesan cheese. Cut in half and then lengthwise in strips. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Caution, this will happen, even as you try to document your own bread stick triumph:And this.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! I'm so making thesee......Tonight!!!! They look so good!! Thanks for Posting the recipe!!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Yummy breadsticks! I saw your post/quest for how to make bread on PW Cooks...check out my blog for some step-by-step recipes...I hope I can help!

friedalovesbread.blogspot.com

Susie Chadwick said...

What did you sprinkle on yours?

Claudine said...

It's Salad Supreme, you can find it with the seasonings (I think it's McCormick?). It's used a lot in potato and pasta salads, and very good on the bread sticks!

Susie Chadwick said...

ok I tried this and they turned out great! So fast too. I think I am going to get some garlic powder and try that though. (I only have garlic salt and I don't like it as much). I did half with Italian seasoning and that was good too. Hope you don't mind if I share the recipe.

Claudine said...

I'm glad you liked them! They're becoming one of my favorites. I also used it for pizza dough last week and it worked great for that! And that's great if you want to share it too! :)