I love alfredo sauce. I could totally become obese on good alfredo sauce. I've tried a few of the bottled varieties in the stores only to be met with utter disappointment - it tasted nothing like the sauce I would get at restaurants (especially the Spaghetti Factory!). But for some reason, I was hesitant to try making it from scratch. WHY?!?! I'm kicking myself for all the time I was missing out on one of the most wonderful, rich, creamy sauces known to man. I got this recipe from a friend and now this wonderful gem is part of our regular meal rotations. We just had it for dinner tonight and I just have to share it with you. My tummy is still so happy. It's really that good. If you don't make it soon, you will hate yourself. Just sayin'.
Quick Fettuccine AlfredoIngredients:
1/2 lb. dry fettuccine (although any pasta works in a pinch!)
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. butter
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (not the canned stuff)
pepper to taste
Cook fettuccine in a large saucepan according to package directions. Drain well. In the same saucepan, heat cream, butter, and salt over medium-high heat, bringing to a boil. Remove from heat. Add fettuccine and cheese, tossing to combine well. Continue cooking over low heat, tossing continuously, about 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with pepper.
6 comments:
Yummmmmmmyyyyyyy............
I absolutely have to try it because I am also addicted to alfredo sauce and very dissapointed by the bottled ones. Thanks for the recipe!
I also prefer homemade alfredo sauce. This looks very tasty. Now we need some bread sticks to go with it!! (hint....hint....) ;)
YUM!!!
Oh right you are doing again. Pictures get me everytime! I think tonight for dinner we will have it! Why do you do this to a pregnant women! It does look really good and I to am a sucker for good alfredo sauce!
This one looks tasty, I can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment