Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cheerios Bars

I've been in a bit of a funk lately with work and the kids and trying to keep up on the mountains of housework, so I don't have too much to blog about, so I'll just pass along another recipe. This is one that my mother-in-law emailed me last week, and since we always have Cheerios laying around, I made this up for dessert and the kids (and Jarom and I) enjoyed it too. Jarom's brother, upon hearing what we were eating, said, "So basically it tastes how Sacrament meeting smells?" And yeah, I guess that pretty much sums it up.

I give you, Cheerios Bars. (Side note, I'm out of chocolate chips, I KNOW! so I didn't put any of those in, but I will next time for sure!)
Cheerios Bars

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
3 cups Cheerios cereal
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (optional)
In a small sauce pan, bring the honey & sugar to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the sugar is dissolved remove from heat.

Stir in the peanut butter until well blended.

In a separate bowl, combine Cheerios, peanuts & chocolate chips.

Pour the peanut butter & honey mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.

Spread into a buttered 9x9 pan.

Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those looks so yummy! i hope the funk goes away soon. Trust me, us working moms need all the funk free times as possible. If you ever want to complain about work, just call:)

Marisa said...

Hi! I'm so glad you liked the cinnamon rolls from my blog!!! They are my favorite, too. I'm so flattered that your husband even liked them :-). I hope the chocolate cake is also good. Thanks so much for checking out my blog!!!