Saturday, January 3, 2009

Deja Vu

Here was Isaac in March:And here is Isaac tonight:Emilie has had her cold for a few days now and is doing fine, just a runny nose to contend with, but Isaac started to get the cold symptoms yesterday and I upped his inhaler meds, but he still had a rough night last night and spend too much of it coughing. This morning, he looked so exhausted, so we did some more inhalers and I was able to get an appointment for him with the doctor. After a brief consultation, she said the dreaded phrase, Let's test him for RSV. The nurse did a quick nose swab and the results came back very quickly: positive. My heart just sank and it was all I could do to keep from crying since it hasn't been that long since my little man spent a week in the hospital struggling to breathe because of RSV.

The doctor said that most likely, Emilie has RSV too (she could tell by hearing her cough), but she's such a healthy girl that it's just not affecting her as bad. Isaac is just starting his sickness and could have a rough couple of days. We got a nebulizer and will do breathing treatments with him every four hours and hope and pray that he can stay on top of this nasty virus this time around. My poor little guy! At least we can do the treatments at home this time around.

5 comments:

Ioana said...

Oh, that's just horrible! Poor little man! We will keep you all in our prayers. I wish I could help.

Leslie said...

OH NO. Deja Vu is right, I am so sorry you have to do this all over again. Isaac is such a champ I think he needs some kind of medal for putting up with these treatments. And mommy too-it just doesn't seem to be on the agenda of a 3-year old to hold still at all ever!
It is so hard to have sick kids. We took Olivia to the after hours clinic today and it sounds like she has what Emilie has-the RSV virus, but not bad enough to be running a fever or hospitalized, aka nothing they can do. Oh dear. Give Isaac a great big hug from us and we will keep him in our prayers. I hope this passes quickly this time!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Thats horrible thing for a boy and mom to go through! Hope it passes fast and he starts to feel better!

Annie Hawkins said...

Imi pare rau ca nu se simt asa de bine copii. Sper ca o sa fie bine in curand, dar macar poti sa stai acasa cu ei si nu la spital.

Unknown said...

oh no! hang in there - we hope they are both doing ok.