Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about food! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the fun food to make and eat (and eat and eat!). Since I have two small ones, going anywhere for New Years just doesn't happen, so we've spent New Years Eve at home the last few years and have our own little party. Well, party is a relative term I suppose, but at least we have fun food to eat! Here is what our fancy shmancy meal consisted of:
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Years!
On a side note, this morning Emilie wanted to play with MY cell phone, and I guess it doesn't handle baby spittle as well as Jarom's because the screen shorted out and doesn't work any more. Lovely. So if you call my cell phone or text me, don't be offended if I don't answer/reply.
Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about food! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the fun food to make and eat (and eat and eat!). Since I have two small ones, going anywhere for New Years just doesn't happen, so we've spent New Years Eve at home the last few years and have our own little party. Well, party is a relative term I suppose, but at least we have fun food to eat! Here is what our fancy shmancy meal consisted of:
We had shrimp sauteed in butter with Harmon's super yummy cocktail sauce, chips-n-salsa (we tried the Kirkland signature salsa from Costco, very good!), small polish sausages cooked in BBQ sauce, spinach and artichoke dip with crackers, dill pickles, and grape juice. I let Isaac drink his juice from a champagne glass and he felt very grown up. I also got a cheese tray but totally forgot to get it out. I guess we'll munch on that tonight!
Then after we ate dinner, Isaac helped me make some cupcakes. For some reason, they just did not turn out like they usually do, but they tasted fine. Isaac's favorite color these days is green, so he wanted green frosting.
He also helped decorate with sprinkles. Can you tell which ones he did?
I love hearing what people eat for the holidays! What did you have at your New Years party?
Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about food! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the fun food to make and eat (and eat and eat!). Since I have two small ones, going anywhere for New Years just doesn't happen, so we've spent New Years Eve at home the last few years and have our own little party. Well, party is a relative term I suppose, but at least we have fun food to eat! Here is what our fancy shmancy meal consisted of:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just now checking blogs since the holidays haha! John and I didn't do anything special this year, but I'm hoping next year to also have shrimp and cocktail sauce (one of my favorite snacks of all time), and I'm still thinking about what else. We did have sparkling cider given to us by your parents but didn't even stay up until midnight!
Post a Comment