So I guess there was a little mix up with
my new baby bouncer and it was delayed in being sent, so after a few quick and apologetic emails, my awesome, wonderful, beautiful new bouncer arrived tonight right as I was getting dinner ready! Isn't it pretty? I hope to be able to get some good use out of it with Emilie, and tons more use when another little one joins our family someday, should we be blessed with another baby some day. (I think this bouncer is making me baby hungry!)

And speaking of dinner, I made lettuce wraps using tofu for dinner. I've never cooked with tofu before, and I've only eaten it a handful of times, but I'm trying to branch out, expand my horizons and all that, so I thought I would give it a try. Not too bad. The recipe for the lettuce wraps is from a wonderful cookbook Jarom got me for Christmas called
52 Weeks of Proven Recipes for Picky Eaters and I love the book! I've tried a few different recipes and we have all loved them, even my picky little man. (And just to clarify, the recipe calls for meat, and I made it with chicken the first time, so this was just a little branching out on my own tonight.)

I also made a batch of
egg rolls to go with our dinner and they were very good too. Jarom was a bit skeptical when I told him what I was making because there was no meat involved! He said that I better make up for it with a double dose of meat tomorrow. That's my man.
Last night we were able to go to the Draper Temple open house with the kids, and our friends the Jaffa family came with us too. We had to wait for quite a while in the chapel before we were able to get on the bus to go up to the temple, and the kids were getting a bit restless, but the wait was well worth it because the temple was truly stunning inside!

Isaac has dubbed the Draper Temple as his since we used to live in Draper and would drive past the construction site often. He was very good as we walked through and was very fascinated by all the different rooms, especially the baptismal font. I'm so glad to have been able to share such a wonderful and peaceful evening with my children so that they could get a glimpse into the sacred atmosphere of the temple.
Here we are towards the beginning of our waiting while we still had a few smiles.

The Jaffa's also waiting, with a couple fewer smiles.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys got to go too. That is such a BEAUTIFUL Temple!
If you want a good recipe with tofu in it, go to :
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=66231
Yes, it is a weight watchers recipe but is soooo good! I cheat a little and add some extra cheese. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Okay... I feel so guilty that I have yet to return your sweet call. I am so sorry! It seems every time I go to call you, it's either too late or it's a bad time. Uuuggghhh...! We are living with my inlaws and it's kind of thrown for a loop (if you can't tell by my lack of posting on my blog!) We are under contract with a home just south of Daybreak and are very excited. I will get a post going soon with pictures. Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a little line to say thanks for the call. I will call you soon. And yea, we are having a little boy and he is doing well thus far. We are blessed! Glad to see all is going well for you. Your family is so sweet!
So nice that you got to go to the open house! We are going the end of next month.. and I can't wait! Really important that the kids learn early on about the temple and why it's such a big part of our life.
Post a Comment