Saturday, March 28, 2009

Isaac's birthday party!

I can hardly believe that Isaac is just a couple days away from being FOUR! We had his birthday party with his friends today and had such a blast! Here are some highlights:

We had a rousing game of "pin the trailer on the semi truck" to really get the party started, followed by an even more rousing round of musical trucks. I forgot to take pictures of that game though, but it was pretty cute.
Then the kids ate lunch picnic-style on the floor and only spilled a few cups of orange soda. Few kids escaped without mustard- and Doritos-stained fingers, but nothing that caused permanent damage. Isaac's cute friend Marilyn, who Isaac insists he will marry some day. Isaac blowing out his 4 big birthday candles! It took him two blows, but he got them all out!Here's a close up of the cake. I made the "roads" into the number 4, then had little trucks made out of snickers, whoppers, and mini-m&m's. Granted, not the fanciest cake ever, but he wanted a green truck cake and that is what I came up with. Isaac's friends showered him with such fun presents, and most of them were trucks or truck-related. He is so excited have so many fun new toys to play with, thank you so much!

3 comments:

Kathryn S. said...

So cute! Sorry we weren't able to be there!

Ioana said...

Happy B-day, Isaac! Your cake came out great!

Brea Eskelsen said...

What a cute cake! Looked like a fun party! He has a good Mom. I haven't thrown any friend parties yet. Maybe next year =).