Here's an equation I learned today.
What do you get when you add together:
1 belligerent 3-year-old
1 small appetite
1 sore foot
1 massive outbreak of hives
1 sore little tummy
1 sore ear
1 night of very little sleep
________________
An ear infection.
Isaac had a weekend of strange symptoms that I didn't think were interrelated, but all night long Isaac kept waking up saying his ear and tummy hurt. I called the doctor to make an appointment, but the earliest appointment wasn't until 3. After he had been awake for a few hours, his ear stopped hurting and I just about canceled his appointment. I hate taking the kids in only to hear that nothing is wrong. But he took a little nap this afternoon, and after laying down, his ear started to hurt again, so we went to his appointment. The doctor looked in his ear and immediately said that it was infected, then said that some kids react to infections in different ways, including the strange symptoms that he had experienced over the last few days.
We now have him on antibiotics and hopefully he'll be able to let us all get some sleep tonight. Poor kiddo!
1 comment:
Poor guy, I hope he gets feeling better soon!
Post a Comment