At the rate we're going, I am certain that next year will bring with it its own set of challenges and trials, but we're going to also have many wonderful memories and experiences. With the kids' birthdays right around the corner, I can just feel the clock speeding up.
But with all the things over which I will have no control, one thing that I can control is FOOD. I am making a public declaration of a goal of mine for 2009 along with a preliminary list of my rules that I will be sticking to and am asking you, dear blog reader, to support me and encourage me in my upcoming quest. So, without further ado, here is my official 2009 set of rules for myself and my family:
- Family meals in 2009 will be homecooked (mostly by me, unless it involves the grill, then Jarom will be assisting)
- Once a month we will be allowed to get a Costco pizza.
- Once a month we can gorge ourselves on tacos from Del Taco if it's Taco Tuesday night.
- We can go out to eat if we are invited (especially if someone else is buying!) or to celebrate a family member's birthday, but not just because I don't feel like cooking.
- My weekly food budget is not to exceed $60.
1 comment:
Good luck! I'm sure you can do it! And the $60 a week for groceries is totally doable.:)
Post a Comment