They turned out so good last night, so we made them again tonight, but my blender gave out on me at the end and totally died! I guess I made it a little too thick. Totally worth it though. They taste a lot like Wendy's frostie's, only better. And I have a bunch of dry milk I need to use up because I've had it sitting around for a while, so it's a great way to use up some of that and get some fresher milk.
Here is the recipe for her Magic Milkshake:
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
- 2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purposes
2 comments:
Your shake sounds tasty! We'll have to try it!
I can't really recommend a good santoku; I don't own one and don't have much experience with them. But then again, I'm a non-traditional chef--most recommend fancy, expensive German knives; my knives come from the South Seas supermarket in Salt Lake.
But, I did a quick Google search and found two articles you might be interested in: http://www.cooking.com/products/toprated.asp?DeptNo=5000&ClassNo=0519 and http://nymag.com/restaurants/features/16980/
Also, the Wikipedia article on santokus is pretty interesting: I didn't know that santoku was a loose translation for "three good things" or "three uses," implying that a santoku is useful for slicing, dicing, and mincing! I love Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santoku
That sounds really yummy! I will have to try it out.
Post a Comment